Dermal fillers can also be used to enhance the line of the lips. Further volume can also be created within the lips using these fillers. Dermal fillers last between 9 – 12 months.
Fillers can also be used for Mesotherapy, encourages your skin’s natural capacity to repair itself. It is a non-surgical skin treatment that involves using micro injections to apply natural ingredients already found in the skin such as hyaluronic acid, vitamins and amino- acids. As a result, your face regains its natural elasticity and shape.
- Which areas can be treated? Face, backs of hands, decolletage, armpits & soles of feet (latter 2 for sweating)
- What products do you use? Juvederm fillers and mainly Allergan Botox. Both are from one of the longest standing and most reputable companies in the field. They have a great track record of being safe and reliable.
- Does it hurt? The injections for botox do sting a bit but nowhere near as bad as a dental injection. I use diabetic disposable syringes which are very fine and very sharp to minimise discomfort.
- Do Fillers hurt more than Botox? The main filler materials now include a combined anaesthetic, so while the initial injection may sting a bit, then numbness sets in. Also topical anaesthesia can be used. I will discuss these options at your consultation.
- Can it go wrong and what happens? As with all treatments there is a small chance that you don’t get the result you were hoping for. This happens very rarely and the initial consultation is designed to predict any possible problems and explain the common side effects. Sometimes botox can cause a “ptosis ” or droopy eyelid, this can be treated with eyedrops also. Fillers can be dissolved using a secondary injection of hyaluronase.
- What if I don’t like the effect? Both treatments are transitory, so even though it might take a while (mainly for fillers) they will simply fade away over time.